With cyberattacks continuing to grow and crippling organisations around the world, it brings existing debates relating to technology, governance, and human factors into a sharper focus. Recent security breaches prompt a revisit to gaps and opportunities for mitigating, detecting, and responding to malicious attacks from a leadership and organisational perspective. Protecting customer information and corporate assets will continue to be the focus for security and business leaders as they navigate the volatile landscape.
In this one-day-only event, security practitioners will share the most valuable lessons learned on securing organisations at the strategic, tactical, and operational levels; cyber security as a customer priority; the way that AI can be used to respond to cyber threats; improving end-user awareness and understanding of cyber risks; best practices and good governance; and what’s on the horizon as we continue to operate in a digitally driven ecosystem.
- The state of cyber security
- Securing organisations at the strategic, tactical, and operational levels
- Helping users and customers to actively understand and be deeply aware of what they are sharing in the cyber environment
- IT/OT cybersecurity risks
- Practical measures that organisations can take to address cyber risks
- AI for cyber security – challenges, opportunities, and pitfalls
- Real-time threat detection and response
- Integrating cyber security strategies into digital transformation
- Cyber security governance, policies, and ethics
- The significance of strategic partnerships for combatting cyber threats
- The future of cybersecurity – connecting technology, people, and business safely and securely